Okite® is Backed by a Limited 15-Year Warranty
Seieffe Corporation, located at Northwoods Industrial Park, 12227K FM 529, Houston TX, 77041 (hereafter called ‘Seieffe’) warrants to the original owner of the interior worktop or decorative OKITE® surface, that Seieffe will, for a period of fi fteen (15) years after the date of installation, at its discretion, replace or repair, without charge, the Okite® surface fabricated and installed by properly trained and experienced professional personnel, if the Okite® surface fails due to any defect in the structural integrity of the product during the manufacturing process and not due to the fabricationor installation process.
After completing installation, you must register your Okite® product within (30) days to activate your limited warranty.
The general terms and conditions of this fifteen (15) year limited warranty are as follows:
This non transferable limited warranty applies exclusively to interior decorative Okite® surfaces that are fabricated and installed by trained professional personnel and in accordance with quartz surfacing fabrication and installation best practices and procedures recommended by Seieffe.
This warranty does not cover:
- Material modification, misuse, physical, chemical or mechanical abuse;
- Scratches, chips or other excessive impact damages: Okite® is harder than granite but it is not scratch or damage proof;
- Material that has been sealed;
- Outdoor use or any use where the material is directly exposed to sunlight or UV rays;
- Exposure to excessive heat (e.g. direct heat) or non use of hot pads;
- Installation of Okite® in moving vehicles (including but not limited to boats, aircrafts, RV’s, etc.),
- Installation of Okite® in showers, saunas, steam saunas and similar;
- Improper use described in the Okite® Use & Care Instructions;
- Act of God, vandalism or accidents;
- Use as flooring material;
- Material which original finish or thickness has been altered;
- Failure to pay for the product;
- Failure to register within thirty (30) calendar days after the date of installation;
- Failure to allow Seieffe to inspect the alleged defective product;
- Aesthetical defects; this warranty applies only to structural defects of the material. Any reference sample of Okite® is indicative of the color and character of the material and it may vary from actual production.
- This warranty does not cover products that the customer does not like after installation due to color, edging styles or other opinions based on personal preference;
- Routine maintenance and minor conditions that may be corrected by following the recommended care & maintenance procedures;
- Seams and seams performance. Seams will be at the discretion of the measurer or measure team performing the on-site measurement. Seieffe will not be responsible if seams are visible or if seams are not of buyer
- Damage resulting due to improper installation procedures, improper site preparation or site maintenance, which may include, but is not limited to: non square walls, non even walls, non even cabinets, presence of which may cause poor installation and seam fit;
- Additional modifications such as plumbing, electrical, tile, cabinets, etc that may be necessary to repair or replace the Okite® product covered under this warranty;
- Products installed with a known or visible manufacturing defect at the time of installation, including but not limited to color variance;
- Any alleged defect that instead is part of the character of Okite® and/or any other similar product;
Any cost beyond the cost of the Okite® slabs necessary for the replacement, which will be made available at Seieffe’s facility.
This fifteen (15) year limited warranty coverage is further limited only to repair or replacement of the defective material. All decisions regarding the existence of manufacturing defects or affecting this warranty shall be made by Seieffe and shall be final and binding on all parties.
To receive coverage under this fifteen (15) year limited warranty, proof of purchase shall be submitted with the claim (no proof – no coverage). Registration of this warranty by the buyer will be considered as a full acceptance of all the terms and conditions of this warranty.
Any Okite® surface replacement or repair needs to be authorized in writing by Seieffe Chief Executive Officer or Seieffe representative designated by the Seieffe Chief Executive Officer. Any Okite® surface replacement authorized in writing by Seieffe must be re-installed at the same address and in the same location where the defective material was originally installed, with the same size, finish, thickness, color and details of the defective material. In the event the color or thickness chosen by the Buyer is discontinued, Seieffe will replace it with the closest color available at the time of replacement.
This warranty applies only for interior installations of Okite® surfaces completed:
- After Jan 1, 2012 in the United States of America or Canada; and
- Installations which have not been moved from their original place of interior installation; and for
- Installations by a duly authorized, Okite® approved installer; and for
- Installations which are maintained according to the Okite® Use & Care Instructions.
- Okite® Use & Care Instructions may be obtained by download on our website www.okite.com or by request to Seieffe Corporation.
If Seieffe is unable to replace or repair a defective product which is covered by this warranty, Seieffe shall refund the original Okite® slab cost.
This is the only product warranty made by Seieffe. Neither Seieffe nor any third party make any other warranty of any kind, whether express or implied, with respect to Okite® surfaces. Seieffe and its third party suppliers specifically disclaim the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose other than interior worktop or decorative surfaces use. No employee, dealer, fabricator, distributor or any other person is authorized to make any warranty, promise or representation on behalf of Seieffe.
Seieffe, or any affiliated third party, shall not be liable in either tort or contract for any loss or direct, indirect, consequential, punitive, special, exemplary or incidental damages arising out of the use or inability to use Okite® surfaces in interior worktop or decorative surface installations.
Except for the obligations specifically set forth in this warranty, in no event shall Seieffe be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, punitive, special, exemplary or incidental damages, whether based on contract, tort, or any other legal theory and whether advised of the possibility of such damages.
Laws and building safety codes governing the design, engineering and construction of installations vary widely. Seieffe assumes no responsibility or obligations with respect to the selection of product for the installation or the design, engineering and construction of the installation.
This fifteen (15) year limited warranty is governed by Texas law. The courts of Houston, Texas shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising out or in connection with this limited warranty, including any question regarding its interpretation or its execution.
If we can answer any further questions regarding this warranty or you intend to file a claim under this warranty, please contact:
12227K FM 529
Houston, TX 77041